Monday, September 17, 2012

With A Little Help From My Friends

So the blog post topic for today was to pick a goal and then list 3 people you could tell it to that could help you reach your goal. I am actually going to have 2 goals for this assignment because I can't choose just one!

My first goal is to lose the weight I have gained because of being diagnosed with prediabetes. My senior year of high school I started gaining weight and had not changed any of my exercise or eating habits. For some reason this just sort of came on and we don't really know why to this day still. At first the doctors wouldn't believe me that something was wrong and they said it was my fault so I continued to gain weight. They finally listened and figured out that I had prediabetes so now I have to lose all the weight I gained because of it. Three people I could tell about this goal would be my mom, my roommate, and my other friends. My mom has been very supportive and tried to give me motivation to work towards this goal. My roommate is also trying to lose weight so being there to help each other helps a lot. My other friends are also always there to support and help in any way possible. My goal within this goal is to lose as much weight as possible before Thanksgiving because my high school has an alumni basketball game that I always play in and I would like to be somewhat in shape for that!

My second goal is to maintain my 3.84 or at least a 3.8 cumulative GPA for the remainder of my college career. I am in my junior year now so the classes will probably continue to get harder so I have to work even harder then to reach this goal. Three people I could tell about this goal would probably be the same three people as in my first goal. My mom like I said earlier is very supportive and she does her best to try to keep me on track and accountable for my actions, which I am very thankful for. My roommate has been my friend since we were in second grade so we know each other very well and I think that this could help because she can talk to me about my classes and things of that sort. My other friends are also in college right now so I think they can help me by telling me of their experiences and letting me in on some secrets that help them achieve what they do.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment