Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Show Me The Money!

So for this blog post we were supposed to reflect on the lessons we learned about money growing up. Growing up money was more scarce when I was younger but once I got to be a young teenager, having enough money for things was not a problem. In my family, money was not kept a secret and was discussed among the family so that we knew what would be going on in regards to if we had enough money to do certain things or not. I think that money was seen as a good thing in my family because you could do things you wanted to with it after the bills were paid. Another thing was that I was not required to have a job during school because I was out for sports and didn't have much time for a job because of that. Now being in college, I do have a job to go along with my studies. I think that having my family be open about money helped me out a lot because you realize how much things really cost and you appreciate the money you receive more. I know that because of this, I usually only buy the things I need instead of the things I want when there is not a lot of money to be spent.

1 comment:

  1. Lacey, it sounds like your family provided a good model of open discussion about money. It can be a touchy subject, but if it doesn't get talked about, or dealt with, it can cause real problems. I'm glad you didn't have to experience that!

    ReplyDelete